Friday, November 21, 2008

Small Art Showcase - a new website

Jeanne Williamson, a good friend, has had a great idea. She has put together a website of small art pieces made by artists who usually work larger. These pieces are moderate in price: all under $500. More artists will be added to the initial twelve as interest grows. The website is purely a set of links with images; if you are interested in anyone's work, just click on their image and you'll be sent to their blog (in my case, a separate "store" blog), or their website. Any sales, therefore, are made through the individual artists.

For me, making work on a different scale is a very interesting challenge. Sometimes I find I have a little tiny idea, that really needs more of an intimate format. Other times I've made a large piece that just doesn't hold together well, but there's a little gem there in one corner, or even in the middle!!! So I was very intrigued by Jeanne's idea and asked if I could be a part of it.

This website is an example of co-operation between people in difficult economic times that I hope we'll see at many levels in the years to come!!

Do take a look!
And, if you have been, thanks for reading!
Elizabeth
Small Art Showcase

No comments: