Sunday, September 29, 2019

Basic Improv quilt Class

The Six Hour Quilt










My next online class is the six hour quilt.
This is the story of 3 people new to quilting, and designing and pattern free cutting out the quilt pieces from fabric..
We see them from the very first stages of coming up with a design, through to choosing colors - I let them use my stash since the class was held in my studio!!!  And Lord knows I have ENOUGH fabric!

Then, they designed.




They chose colors.




They ripped and cut away at fabric...pinning up pieces on the design wall to see what would work.

 They used my two old Bernina machines - one came from England with me when I emigrated  to the USA half a lifetime ago...













There are some good discussions as we evaluated design problems.  Then they basted the quilt sandwich, quilted - yes we talked about different ways to quilt ....and why.

Finally we applied a really simple but effective binding and enjoyed the finished pieces.















If  this looks like an interesting class to you  - please go to the academy of quilting!

I'm happy to answer any questions - just ask in the Comments section!
 I love Comments anyway!! so please ..do !

And, if you have been, thanks for reading...as always...Elizabeth




3 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

great result... students must be delighted

Karen said...

This looks like a lot of fun!

Elizabeth Barton said...

Students did have a lot of fun...it's a really quick tour through the whole thing! The full catastrophe as Zorba would have said.
Thank you Irene and Karen for writing...appreciate it.....
Elizabeth