Sunday, March 12, 2017

Display at the Bulloch Hall Quilt Guild show






The show started yesterday March 11th and goes through next Sunday, March 19th.
I was lucky enough to be asked to show about a dozen of my quilts and quite a few paintings too!!
It's the first time I've had the opportunity to show the two together and I really appreciate it.

Here is a nice little row of paintings....



 They look so sweet all rowed up...and - by golly! - they're on a grand piano!! now how appropriate is that!!  two of my newest pleasures!!! And I must admit to a total love affair with my piano...I doubt they'll let me try this one out, though I can see they have reserved a seat for me with a white ribbon!!!



 It's always so interesting when someone else chooses out the pieces to display...and how they put them together...I have never put these  two Pond quilts together but they make so much sense like this!   I wish I had a place at home where I could hang them like that.
I love giving a curator total control and just weeing what they come up with.
Look at the little grouping below.....I love what Holly Anderson did here with the sequence going from all black and white to nearly all red.  And don't they look wonderful together?


I'm sure you all feel the same way...that it's so sad that the art you slaved over for weeks and months spends most of its time rolled up , covered up, disregarded.....and so lovely when it gets its 8 days of fame!  I'm really thrilled to see them hanging so beautifully!

I'm going to be at the show next Sunday March 19th - I'd love for you to come and say hi if you're anywhere in the area..Roswell, Atlanta.....


I'm looking forward to seeing the main quilt show too - it's in all the other rooms in the house...and there's a wonderful raffle quilt:  I've never won one, but my fingers are crossed that mine will be the winning ticket on this beauty:
I'hope to see you at the quilt show!!!




If you have been, thanks for reading!!!  And all comments will be read and replied to!! So please, have at it!!!   Elizabeth















13 comments:

Melanie McNeil said...

I love the black/white/red together. Lovely to see your work grouped like that. I've had one show and it (immodest of me) rather took my breath away, to see so many of my quilts hung in one place. Quite a lot of fun!

Congratulations on the show. Wish I could see it in person.

Melanie

Ellen Lindner said...

It looks very nice. Can you explain the hanging hardware/system?

Linda Steele said...

Absolutely love your display, congratulations. I hope lots of people come to see them

Josia said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Congratulations on your beautiful display of works. I do hope that you get enormous joy from seeing your creations give pleasure to their viewers. Your works are very interesting/appealing...I enjoyed both the cool tranquility of the pond paintings and the counterpoint quilts simply demanding attention in the black and white, plus red, corner. Well done. Your 'cogitations' are always read with interest I am sure... so now you deserve some big pats on the back in return. Thank you. Josia

Anonymous said...

Too bad Oregon is so far away--I'd love to see your art in person. I agree that the bw/red grouping is stunning.

Elizabeth Barton said...

thank you everyone!
congratulations Melanie of having a show! it is a real lift to see one's work beautifully displayed...a thrill!
Hi Ellen! you changed my life you know!!! I fell in love with that piano at ACA and have managed to find an old one kind of similar and blown my savings on it!!! just hope my car will last 24 years instead of the basic 12!!! I have no idea about the hanging system, they didn't want to take my rods which actually would have looked better because you wouldn't see them...it's a historic house though, and they probably dictate exactly what can be done...come and see the show and then you can inspect!
Thank you Linda!! yes I hope they have a lot of visitors too because they've been extremely good to me and done all the work!!
And a thank you to Josia....It is so interesting to see which works they put together, and in this case the overall effect is definitely greater than the sum of the parts!

Elizabeth Barton said...

Thank you knitnkwilt!! I too love to knit, but alas my thumb joints don't allow much, also our weather is so warm for so long these days that there's barely time to wear each sweater once in a year!!!

Kristin said...

Your quilts and paintings look lovely in the show.

Elizabeth Barton said...

thank you, Kristin - I look forward to seeing the show....Sunday! Elizabeth

Mary Keasler said...

Congratulations. It looks like a wonderful show. I am planning to visit on Sunday and hope to see you there.

Elizabeth Barton said...

Great! see you there, Mary! Elizabeth

gjeneve said...

Yours is one of the best postings that I read. I have always loved your black and white pieces.

Elizabeth Barton said...

Thank you, Gjeneve....I just try to write something about what I'm thinking that day or week, but sometimes I'm not thinking anything!!!