Thursday, November 21, 2013

Workshop in Cape Cod





A beautiful Fall morning for a start of a weeklong workshop on Abstract Art for Quiltmakers on Cape Cod....


And the designs begin to flow onto the display boards....

these ladies are wonderful - unlike those at a well known conference some years ago who complained because they weren't slashing into their fabric within minutes of the workshop beginning....these ladies really want to dig into getting lots and lots of ideas onto paper...and the ideas are multiplying!!


and now time for a nice cuppa tea...or maybe even a glass of guinness!!!!
more later...upon my return home..
If you have been, thanks for looking!
Elizabeth

6 comments:

elle said...

I HAVE been looking. I decided today was the day to order your book. You are very inspiring and I'm looking forward to your influence continuing on my creative journey. Thanks!

Elizabeth Barton said...

Thank you Elle!! I appreciate it!

Christine Staver said...

Looks like fun. When I retire in 2015 I will be free to travel and take one of your workshops.

I see you are now moved over to Academy of Quilting. I hope that works out for all of the QU teachers. I hope you will be able to offer your abstract quilt class there.

I take it you are healed from your injury?
Chris

Elizabeth Barton said...

I'm hobbling in one of those walking cast air boot things, wheelchairs through airports - not much fun - but better than crutches and getting better every day.
Yes I think 9 or 10 QU teachers have gone to AQ - starts Jan 1 and registration already available. maybe see you somewhere in 2015!!

Margaret Ball said...

I bought your book a while ago. There is so much in it! I'm reading slowly because every few pp I have to stop and do something with the ideas you've sparked.

Elizabeth Barton said...

thank you very much, Margaret!! I love it when a book does that....
by the way I have a second book coming out soon: Working in Series.
but no more after than one! promise!